Protection of an insured person when he/she receives medical help is within obligations of insurance organizations. You can always contact us via e-mail, telephone, or our website for all issues related to the following questions:
- Refusal to provide medical aid
- Low-quality treatment
- Rudeness or violation of ethical norms by medical personnel
- Violation of your rights during medical aid.
If these questions cannot be answered by the professionals from the Maxima insurance company, we will provide you with the contact information of authorities which can help you solve your problems and protect your rights.
Recommendations to insured persons:
- If you have been refused medical attention by a doctor or a medical establishment, ask for written confirmation of refusal and the reason for it.
- Always consult with your insurance company in order to determine whether or not you will get compensation for payment of this or that medical service (especially in cases with expensive medical procedures).
- Keep all agreements, receipts, prescriptions.
As a patient you have the right to:
- Respectful treatment by medical personnel
- Examination and treatment in conditions which comply with international quality standards, sanitary and hygienic requirements
- Confidentiality of your diagnosis, information pertaining to your health condition, and reasons that have applied to the medical establishment are all kept confidential
- Get accessible, understandable information from a doctor about the condition of your health
- Refuse medical intervention and the carrying out of medical procedures
- Information about your rights and obligations as a patient
- Use services of a lawyer for protection of your rights.
If you think that your rights have been violated, contact us immediately.